Welcome to our news

Can mold be in your drinking water?

Water Toxins

Mould frequently grows indoors, but it is not uncommon for mold to grow indoors in water pipes or filters. Unfortunately, mold may be present in your drinking water too. Mould requires water, oxygen, and food to survive. Mould propagates through spores which are generally airborne. These sprouts land and grow on whatever provides them with the ingredients they need to survive. Water lines do not have enough oxygen or nutrients to grow mold, but they have a wet and dark environment that allows mold to form. Some conditions will even enable mold to develop in drinking water. If your water supply comes from a well, you could be at risk for moisture if you’re well cap is damaged or improperly sealed. If your system has elevated levels of oxygen and a source of organic food, mold will grow and multiply in water. Mould may form in water supply pipes, wells, a water purifier, water storage tanks, or other potential water delivery systems. So be careful.

There are some simple signs which may indicate late blight in water. You could feel the mold when you turn on the water, see the build-up on the sides of the shower, or notice materials like dirt on the bottom and sides of the toilet. Mold at home requires mold spores, a source of food, such as wood or drywall. Darkness, heat, oxygen, and moisture for growth. Sadly, many of these conditions are available at home. Mold exposure can cause a variety of health issues, depending on the person being exposed. Some people are more susceptible to mold compared to others. Exposure may cause symptoms such as nasal congestion, throat irritation, cough, wheezing, skin irritation, and eye irritation. These symptoms are most severe in people allergic to mold, and in people with weakened immune systems or respiratory problems, Like lung diseases, mold exposure can cause severe infections that require medical treatment.

Taking mold out of your plumbing is not easy, it’s almost impossible. But with simple steps and some regular maintenance, you can at least control the growth of mold in your pipes and reduce your exposure to health issues. You may use bleach, baking soda, or vinegar because they are proven to kill mold. Pour ½ cup domestic bleach down the drain and let stand for at least one hour. Then boil two cups of water and pour them into the sewer, and run the hot water from the faucet for several minutes. Add 1/4 cup of baking soda in the drain or 1 cup of vinegar in the drain and leave for 15 minutes. This allows the baking soda and vinegar mixture enough time to kill the mold. Boil another two cups of water and pour them down the drain, then run the hot water for several minutes. If you need professional assistance in the management of mold in your drinking water, Our complete water analysis systems can help you diagnose your system and provide you with a solution that removes mold contamination from your water.

Leave a Comment