Welcome to our news

Could mold lurk in your water bottle?

Water Toxins

Overview
We all need to drink plenty of water to keep our bodies hydrated, particularly as summer approaches. Mold hides in each of our water bottles and exposes us all in different ways to the disease, even if its toxicity is low. Mould continues to grow in the water bottles, even when we clean them daily with detergent and brush. When you light your flashlight in each water bottle, the mold may appear as a mold under the cap around the gasket, on the sides of the water bottle, or where the straw is placed in the cork, even if you wipe the sides of the water bottle with a paper napkin, you will notice traces of black mold on the napkin.

what is mold?
It is a class of microscopic living organisms that are not plants, animals, or bacteria.
There are over 100,000 types of single molds. But here’s the kicker, there are some types (less than 100) that are toxic. The problem with the mold found in your water bottle is that you don’t know what kind it is.

Why is mildew growing in your water bottle?
Firstly, mold tends to grow in dark, moist environments. It’s microscopic, but if you have enough spores at the same location, they become visible to humans. The problem is that at the time your eye can see a thin black film through the bottle, there are already plenty of spores. Secondly, mold may develop in your water bottle due to what may fall into the bottle. For example, if someone eats a meal, they may leave a piece of food in their bottle after drinking, along with saliva and bacteria in the water. All these factors constitute the ideal climate and environment for mold growth, even though you only use your water bottle as water. Therefore, care should be taken to clean them daily because mold is microscopic and only becomes visible after some time.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure
Mould can cause serious health problems and is often a hidden enemy. Over time, toxicity suppresses the immune system, potentially triggering other types of disease.

symptoms of low mildew exposure may include:
– sneezing and coughing.
– allergies.
– eye irritation.
– vision problems.
– rashes.
– hormonal imbalance (mood swings, irregular women’s cycle, libido problems, etc…).
– headaches.
– sore throat.
– hair loss.
– headaches.
– memory loss.
– rashes.
– autoimmune disease.
– lasting fatigue.
– muscle aches.
– weight gain.
– vertigo.
– tremors.
– confusion and disorientation.
– numbness and tingling.
– temperature regulation problems.

High-level or long-term mold exposure can result in even more serious symptoms. Chronic symptoms consist of:
– respiratory disease.
– peripheral neurological abnormalities.
– cancer.
– chronic fatigue-related diseases.

How to make sure we use a clean, mold-free water bottle?
A few tips to keep your water bottle mold-free.

1 – Check your water bottle with a flashlight. You can also use a white washcloth or earbuds. Check the gasket and where the straw is inserted in the bottle together with your straw.
2- If you use a stainless steel bottle, clean it with vinegar and baking soda after each use and place the cover in the dishwasher.
3 – Use UV caps because they depend on UV light for disinfection of the bottle and its contents.
4 – Get 1 tablespoon of bleach and baking powder, then place them together in your bottle, fill the bottle with warm water and let it sit at night, and finally rinse the bottle with soap and water.
5 – Get an antibacterial mouthwash, put it in the bottle and give it a good shake and then rinse the bottle with soap and water.

Leave a Comment